Water is very much important for our existence. A key to safe and clean drinking water would ensure that we can lead a healthy life. But making sure that the water we get is safe and not contaminated is quite difficult. The main reason is that the source of water is unknown to us. In spite of all the purification and filtration processes in multiple water treatment plants, some pathogens or the other remain in the water that is supplied to our homes. Thus, the last step before we actually consume the water is that we should treat it one more time with the most effective technology that can be used.
For this purpose, we use water purifiers and then make use of water dispensers so that this clean water can be stored and collected in a place where it is not further polluted and is constantly available. If you don’t have a water purifier or dispenser, it’s time to buy one.
But before you buy a water dispenser, there are a few things that you should take into consideration. Here are 6 important things that you must look for in a water dispenser that you wish to buy:
- The Type of Water Dispenser– There are two main types of water dispensers. One is the bottled dispenser and the other is the bottle-less model. Both these types have their own sets of merits and demerits. The bottled water dispensers make it easier to store water, while the bottle-less one provides an endless water source.
- The Right Capacity- You must make sure that the water dispenser you buy has the right capacity. This means that the water dispenser must be capable of holding the amount of water, which is required to satiate the thirst of a certain number of people. Hence, depending on the number of people consuming the water from the water dispenser, its size should be decided.
- Temperature Regulator – The need and situation of water consumption can be different at different times. Thus, you should make sure that you are able to regulate the temperature of water on the basis of requirement. This means that there should be the option of using cold water dispenser, hot water dispenser and one dispenser at normal temperature.
- Choose the Right Design of Water Dispenser– Choosing the right design of water dispenser is also very important. You can either opt for a freestanding design or a countertop model. This decision depends on the amount of the space that you have to keep the water dispenser. The freestanding units are generally more expensive when compared to the countertop units. The countertop units, on the other hand, are much easier to manage.
- Make Sure That the Water Collected in It Is Safe for Consumption– This is one of the most important features. The water dispenser should have the ability to ensure that the water does not get contaminated due to any contact with the air outside. It should be ensured that the water dispenser is sturdy so that in case it falls there is no way that the water gets polluted while coming in contact with the outside air.
- Maintenance– You must make sure that maintaining the water dispenser is easy. It should be easy to clean. It should be easy to install and if there is any damage to any of the parts of the water dispenser then spare parts should be easily available.
So, do you research and ensure that the water dispenser comes with all the important features that you would want.