Most of us plan things in advance when we think about going on a road trip in a campervan hire, but some of us are very busy people with a lot to do and sometimes all the time that we are left with for packing is a half hour.
A half an hour doesn’t seem like enough time to get a whole road trip prep finished with, but if you do it right, it can be enough time to pack the basics of what you will need to get out on the road.
To ensure that you pack everything that you need for a road trip, follow these simple methods to make sure that you have what you need:
- Make a list of the various things to bring. For example, toiletries, food, drinks, safety items, clothing, first-aid items, and road items.
- After you have made that list, make a sub-list. Write down everything that you could possibly imagine needing in those categories and then get to work.
- If you are traveling with someone else, assign them different categories to help get ready for the trip.
- When you finish packing everything according to the categories, check your lists and see if you have everything there.
- All the above should take around 15-20 minutes, so with the remaining 10-15 minutes, brainstorm with your travel partners to see if you are forgetting anything and if so, go get them.
- If for any reason, you don’t have everything that you will need for your trip, make a shopping list to ensure that you make a stop at the grocery store before setting out on the open road.
- If you didn’t have time to wash some of your essential clothing, don’t worry about it. Grab some laundry detergent and a sack for your dirty laundry and bring it with you (if you have space in your camper…), you may be able to wash it at a camper park.
Following are some items that we consider to be some of the most important ot have on your list:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- First-aid kit
- Extra gasoline
- Jack and jumper cables
- Basic clothing: Underwear, shorts, pants, sweater, t-shirts, and socks. Reminder: When packing your clothes, think about where you are going to, to ensure that you pack the clothing that you will need for your trip. If you are headed to the beach, why are you packing that coat? On the contrary, why did you just throw that five pairs of swim trunks, when you are going to where there is snow.
- Snack foods and gallons of water
- Car papers
- Travel documents
- Cash and credit cards
- Tampons and tissues
- A great playlist of music
Don’t stress, as long as you make sure to pack the safety items, the clothing that you will need, and the important toiletries, you should be able to pick up groceries for your trip along the way. Granted, half an hour is a very short amount of time for packing, but when necessary, these above tips should help you to do it successfully.